Assignment 1: Discussion—Academic Cheating
Let’s take the opportunity in this module’s discussion assignment to explore our own personal definition of plagiarism and cheating and how academic cheating affects all of us.
Using the readings for this module and your research about plagiarism on the Internet, respond to the following:
- What is your definition of cheating and plagiarism?
- Is academic cheating out of control?
- Is there more plagiarism happening now than in the past? Why? Support your answer with reasons.
- Are there any extenuating circumstances where cheating and plagiarism are acceptable?
- What is the impact of cheating or plagiarism on one’s future profession?
Write your initial response in about 150–200 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, July 5, 2014, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Tuesday, July 8, 2014, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Grading Criteria and Rubric
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Defined cheating and plagiarism.||8|
|Explained if academic cheating is out of control.||8|
|Explained if there is more plagiarism happening now than in the past. Justified answer with reasons.||8|
|Identified the circumstances where cheating and plagiarism are acceptable. Described the impact of cheating or plagiarism on one’s future profession.||12|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||4|
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.